Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Post. Yay me!


Konnichiwa! Greetings, and welcome to the first post of Student of Style. Let me introduce myself:

My name is Cayla, I hail from Fairfield, California, but am presently living and going to school in this great state’s capitol of Sacramento. I love to write and I love fashion, so it only makes sense that I am an aspiring fashion journalist, hence the creation of this here blog.

Now let me introduce you to the blog. My intentions here are to get my work out there for the world to see, as well as to share my pictures, opinions and findings with my fellow fashion lovers.

What you can expect to see in my posts:

Pictures of myself and my outfits

Items of clothing, or accessories on my wish list

Blurbs about trends that I’m noticing

Interviews with or pictures of celebs that I like

Songs that I’m listening to at the moment

Bands/artists that I’m diggin’ at the moment

Pictures of jewelry that I own, or like

Profiles of different types of styles

And whatever else is on my mind

But enough introduction, why don’t I let you see for yourself……

Today’s outfit


I absolutely LOVE this jacket! I've worn it everyday since I got it almost a week ago. I've been wanting a leather(ish) jacket for a while now, but I didn't want to get just anyone. I was waiting for the right one to call out to me, and that's exactly what this one did- it called out to me from the guys section of Forever 21!

I love the boots almost as much, and have also worn them everyday since I got them the same day I got the jacket. I picked those hot little numbers up from Love Culture.

But enough about me. I stumbled upon something the other day, and I think its the perfect way to end my first post.

So, while I was flipping through some old Nylon magazines (my favorite magazine by the way) I came across an article about this jewelry line (Digby & Iona) I remember reading. There were a few pictures of their pieces, but I wanted to see more, and this is what I found.

http://www.digbyandiona.com/store/show_collection?collection=2009+Fall%2FWinter


As anyone who knows me would be able to tell you: I love jewelry. But I especially love rings! I haven't been this stunned and amazed by looking at jewelry in a very long time. I would love to save up some of my own money so that I could buy a Digby & Iona ring.....maybe that awesome octopus one......

And that's all I have for you today, but trust me, there will be plenty more to come ;)

Today's entry was made possible by the following playlist:

Diamond on a Landmine - Billy Talent
American Woman - Lenny Kravitz
Sooner Than Later - Drake
Hit the Heartbrakes - Black Kids
Hot Line - Ciara
Wow, I can Get Sexual too - Say Anything
Revelry- Kings of Leon
In the Dark - Flyleaf
Myxomatosis- Radiohead
Disenchanted- My Chemical Romance
Playing God - Paramore
The Church Channel- Say Anything

Ima Take your Girl- Drake ft. Lil Wayne







No comments:

Post a Comment