Sunday, March 7, 2010

Power to the People

So as you know March 4th was a very historic day. All around the nation, students, teachers and parents rallied demonstrated and marched to protest the budget cuts and fee increases in schools everywhere.


Luckily, I got to be a part of this. The only two classes I had that day were furloughed (in order to encourage students to attend the event), so I took full advantage and went down to the capitol (just a short drive from my school) and participated.

I didn't really so much rally along with the others, because I was too busy taking pictures of everything, listening to the speeches to edumacate myself, and just taking it all in.
It was such a great day, an overall exhilirating, empowering experience. I had so much fun, I plan on attending another rally at the capitol on March 22nd, and will be sure to post more on that day.

so I think that was a pretty sufficient intro, now onto the pics!


This is just what I wore to the rally, not the best picture but I do believe you get the gist. I felt like this outfit was very journalist for some reason

My recent nail experiment
And the actual rally










I took way more pictures than this but they are on my old school camera and have yet to be developed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment